Jesus is the perfect model
1 John 1:5
This is the message which we have heard from Him and declares to you, That God is light and in Him is no darkness at all
Similarly in John 1:6-8
There was man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light , but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
- In God, there is no wickedness nor sin
- He came to be a light to all men
- He gave as a choice, so we can decide if we want it John 1:12 says
- He gave a promise to be a part of Him (sons & daughters).
The mark that shows we are his children (believers)
- Jesus says this is how you will know
- 1 John 2:3 keep His commandment (matt22:37-38)
- If we say we know him but don’t keep them we lie
- Walk just as Jesus Walk (1 cor 11:1)
- The above is nothing new it’s always been there
- My fear is that there are some who deceive themselves. Who claim to be in Christ but Walk outside of Him.
- When Walking with God is something intimate, something you know within you like you know your own Name
Out stumbling stone
Gird up the loins of your mind, be sober and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance
- God warns us of the dangers of not protecting your heart and mind. So that you will be able to resist the devils of this world and cause us to go astray
- God in this one verse God clearly says you have to be all in! There is no middle ground. Our hope are all sold out for Jesus.
- Hard hearts
Rom 1:21 Because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful but became futile thoughts and their foolish hearts were darkened… 24
Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity o that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of him who holds the power of death- that is, the devil- and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it’s not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants for this he had to be made like them, fully human in every way in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God and that might make atonement for sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those are being tempted.
- Jesus had to be like us man in every way so we could be set free
- He paid the highest price for us
- He has suffered and been tempted and understand us and so he is best qualified to make a partition for us
- When you stumble run to the cross
- When you’re tempted run to the cross
- When it seems life is against you, continue to run to him
Being human means that we are floured and will not always do what is right, but it is through Jesus we are made Perfect by His blood.